I’ve been having lots of fun with photogrammetry lately, scanning various objects and experimenting with ways to make the super-heavy scan data light enough to manage in an archviz context. I’ve used decimation as well as retopology and projection, which yields cleaner meshes but is a lot more work, and I haven’t settled on a workflow yet.
I’ve also been putting some work into using the resulting textures to build plausible shaders.
The images above and below were put together in 3ds Max and rendered in V-Ray and V-Ray RT.
I’ve dropped the entire scene into the warehouse (get it here). This time, the archive includes the full ready-to-render styled scene in addition to the individual models, properly separated for easy exporting to your scenes. I think one could have fun with these and that.
I’m working on a new set of high-carbohydrate assets, which I’d like to be better than the old ones. I’ll also release a Corona version of the vegetable and, perhaps, an Octane version. I might even make one giant discounted collection in the Warehouse if there’s interest. I’ve also started experimenting with trees with real scanned trunks, here and here, and I’m working on a large exterior scene that should be ready shortly.
In other words, lots of stuff. So watch this space for updates.