Grazie Venezia!

ad4

Sadly, sadly, SOA Day #4 is now over. And despite a good night’s sleep, it’s hard not to feel dizzy after learning so much and meeting so many talented and enthusiastic people, both new and well-known, including a fair few long-time online friends.

Kudos and much thanks to Roberto, Gianpiero, Manuela and the entire SOA team for organising such an inspiring event and for being such warm, generous and welcoming hosts. It took just a few minutes to feel completely at home and it was very hard to leave.

Thanks, too, to all the speakers – Christopher, Vlado, Nick & Mark, Peter, Marcin & Peter, Paul, Dario and Ronen – for the their priceless insights.

And thanks, finally, to the guests for their interest, enthusiasm, and for the friendly chats outside the auditorium.

I will miss it all very much.

1. Rakan Jandali wrote:

Hey Bertrand,

just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you during Academy Day #4, loved Both of your lectures… thanks again and Regards from Dubai !!!

Rakan

It was great for me to meet you all. Writing about this and talking about it to real people is very different. Especially when they’re such a very nice, very friendly bunch of people.

3. Zac Arato wrote:

It was a pleasure to meet you and to share some great memories. Thank you again for sharing some of the insight into your work. Looking forward to catching up again, perhaps in Australia. Cheers…

4. Luk wrote:

Maybe next year I went as far as places you too :)

5. Aurelien wrote:

Hi Bertrand, thank you so much for shring your expierience and knowledge with us.
    Only thing is I thought you’d wear a batman costume as the super humain I tought you were. I was a bit desapointed to see that you are a normal cool guy :) !!!
    Keep doing your amazing job/passion.
    Here is a question I forgot to ask you : es-tu francais ? :)
    Many thanks from the guy who you speak with about multi-texture when you were smoking outside :)

6. Hala Hanna wrote:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your experiences with us.
    I would to thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to speak to you.
    ” Grand Merci pour vos précieux conseils et vos encouragements.”

7. Alex Lomarco wrote:

Thank you to you Bertrand, it was an amazing experience to see your “making of” and talk to you about it, you are a great person!
    Hope to see you next year too

8. Amazing Bertrand congratulations :-)

9. Paolo Longoni wrote:

Hello Bertrand,
    it was a privilege to follow AD # 4!
    Congratulations for your work and thank you for giving us valuable advice!

The project covered interior and exterior in general, with a separate session on materials creation in V-Ray and Max.

11. Anwar Hakim wrote:

Said this year i hope I can get to see you Next Year Bertrand :)
    Btw if you could give some insight on what was the topic you covered ? was it Interior Or exteriros specifically ?

12. Tsivolas wrote:

+1 Nuno
    Or you could make videos/lectures of your future projects and sell them in turbosquid!
    All the guys who made the trip saw Venice and Bertrand live!.. Just these worth the money!

13. Santi Sanchez wrote:

Hi Bertrand hope you are doing well, I just heard from AD4′s assistants your participation was so brilliant, I couldn’t be there this year but next year for sure I will hope you can be there too, keep it light us your magnific techniques, work and passion for Archviz. Greeting from Ecuador.

They could, but I’m not sure it would be fair on all the guys who made the trip to Venice ;-)

15. Nuno wrote:

That would be great Bertrand! They could sell make and sell the videos for those who couldn’t be present though.

Everything good, though a bit sad to leave. It was an amazing event.
    In the next few days, I will share images of the project I did specifically for SOA and perhaps write a little about the materials. It’s tough to compress two hours of talk in a blog post though.

17. Hello my friend,
    Everything good?
    I imagine it must be a magical feeling that with all these great artists together.
    Surely you was the big surprise this year.
    Unfortunately this event in Europe.
    Too complicated for Latin Americans.
    Even so I will endeavor to the next year.

I wonder what were the themes for you …
    Any chance of sharing the material of your speech?

Greetings from Brazil.