Wishes

2012 is here; so let it be a good one.

Some time back, I promised to show some images of what one could do with this empty Chicago Loft scene and a little bit of love. Here they are. They feature a wild mix of older and more recent furniture pieces, some of them done specifically for this scene, with the only lose link between them being a general mid-century feel (though some of the pieces are actually recent designs).

Hope you like them. You can see the full set of images here.

PS: The image with the Flag Halyard chair was done to test Vray’s new hair shader. I love it!

1. zain wrote:

very impressive & mind blowing !!

2. Greg wrote:

Wow man! I am drooling.

3. [...] came across these beautiful pictures of this loft…..BBB3viz showed some images in their website of what one could do with a loft!!!…The furniture pieces [...]

4. [...] Home designing and BBB #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: [...]

5. gudy herder wrote:

i am an interior stylist and used to see and work with 3d images too but i have never ever seen such a quality before. it is beautiful and scary at the same time. you are not just very skilled in your technique but have great, great taste as well!!!

Hey Marga. Thanks a lot for the kind plug. Wish you lots of sunlight!

7. marga wrote:

Hello, I have posted about your amazing work in my blog, and link back to your blog. I hope it is ok, man you are talented!!!

Hi Marga. That’s right. All 3D. Feel free to post about the images on your (very nice) blog.

Isaak: You need a black diffuse material and something like 50/70% reflectivity, with a yellow tint in this case. Nothing fancy at all!

9. marga wrote:

OMG is this done with 3D modeling? I thought it was a real photo, I would love to post about it in my blog. Please could you let me know if it is ok?
    Thanks, Marga

10. Isak Bergwall wrote:

Stunning scene!

How do you make such wonderful metal material as in the plate with the macaroons (?) in the first scene, it is the best metal material I have ever seen :)

Keep up the good work you are such a great inspiration!

11. mohinder wrote:

Ok I got my answer just moments after I submitted my last comment:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/lissoni-luis-sofa-three-sitter-3d-obj/643896 :)

Lovely Sofa!

12. mohinder wrote:

Beautiful renders!

Do you know who is the designer or manufacturer of the sofa in the third rendered image? I would like to purchase something similiar for my flat :)

Thanks

Alis: Of course you may. Love the style of your blog!

14. alis wrote:

May I post (crediting you of course) these images on my blog? I have just discovered your blog and almost fell off my chair when I read these are not photographs!

15. kopchenuj wrote:

I did not get to make a black carpet
    color when rendering turns black blue purple
    how to fight
    even if you choose a texture that spot is still there

16. kopchenuj wrote:

laid out the carpet for sale
    went very well
    I want to buy it

17. Glauco wrote:

Hello Bertrand, congratulations for your last job, I still can not understand how can you have these textures so clean and crisp in your rendering YOU ARE A GREAT :-). Listen I wanted to ask you a question, I have to create a poster to advertise my activities for interiors, did you suggest some ideas of where to get ideas? Hello :-) Thanks Glauco

18. So Beautiful – Happy New Year :-)

19. Matvey wrote:

Hello, Bertrand! Thank you for so inspiring works! Please, find time and answer one important question. As i saw in your Tribeca Loft scene at Evermotion forum you used linear multiply color correction and vray sun, multiplier 0,2. So, how do you manage to get this soft look in your renders and avoid burned out areas? Your scenes are well lit and no burnouts at all! Please, share your approach, it would help a lot! Best wishes!

20. Mike wrote:

Wow. Those are absolutely stunning!!

21. wan wrote:

ok Bertrand, thx, and one more time, congratulations by your work :)

22. Brandon Trent wrote:

Hello Bertrand.

Amazing work!
    What is your workload like? Do you take on commissioned projects?
    I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss and can be reached at brandon.trent@mosaichomes.com.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Hi Wan. I don’t sell the furnished scene. With all the assets, it just weighs too much for it to make any sense.

24. tony wrote:

so kool i’ve never seen so good job!

25. wan wrote:

hi Bertrand. you sale full scene, with furnitures ?
    It’s great renders, models, lights, shaders :)

26. ierde wrote:

stupendous, as always!!

27. Erlach wrote:

Great work Bertrand!
    love the color scheme.
    Really fun to se the chicago loft in action =)

28. Toni Fresnedo wrote:

Impressive images, fantastic lighting, and i love details, Bertrand, you’re the best! :)

29. JPintor wrote:

Amazing Bertrand, I really appreciate how you keep raising the bar in every new scene.

30. Aurelalto wrote:

Killing skill as always , love the feeling of all this great renders !!! Happy new year to you Bertrand !

31. hassan jaber wrote:

what a gr8 detailed work am looking in depth into this art piece windows dust. chocolate noise layers. Splotches on chairs . fur done.. everything looks just more than natural. Simply the best … all respect to a gr8 artist..

32. Michal Timko wrote:

crazy Bertrand :) hats off and Happy 2k12!