Wassily chair

FeatureWassily

I’ve been (re)visiting the Bauhaus era for a project I’m working on at the moment and was in urgent need of a highly detailed Wassily chair. There are many versions of this chair around on model marketplaces but, strangely enough, none with the kind of detail I was after. So I took a day during my break last month and did one I could live with.

As usual, you’ll find the model and textures (including a versatile fingerprint map for the metal) in the store.

Salut Baptiste. J’ai utilisé une map glossy. Pas de bump. Le set-up est très simple. Si tu télécharge mon materiel ballon pour Vray, cette map est fournie avec.

2. baptiste says:

bonjour,
    je me permet de parler en français, car je cois que tu es français et que je parle assez mal anglais.
    j’aimerais savoir comment tu as eu un tel rendu de chrome, (les petites imperfections raillures salissure) as tu utiliser un map de bump ou de glossy? ou autre?

3. Simon says:

Hi Bertrandt,
    truly inspiring detail, would love to see some wire-frames (just to make sure they aren’t the real thing :P).
    Anything you can say about how you did the stitching so well would be appreciated too.

Hi Komengsky,
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I did use Blender for a long time, but now I use primarily 3ds Max and Vray. I still fire up Blender regularly as I love to use its compositor.

5. Komengsky says:

I read somewhere that you predominantly use Blender for modelling and then VRay for rendering. Is this true?

Hi there, not I haven’t done any video tutorial so far. Maybe I will. But if you have any specific question, feel free to ask.

7. Komengsky says:

Do you by any chance produce tutorial videos? I am a noobie in this 3d world. I would love to get to know the details of your workflow step by step. I am using Modo currently. So I am not sure if the setup is going to be the same.

8. Brendan says:

Hello,
    Just want to say love your work.
    I have a few decent size projects I am interested having you work on.
    Do you have an email to contact you at?
    Regards,

9. Arkin Esref says:

Bertrand you are an inspiration .. those finger prints make it looks so real!

I am planning on doing some furniture soon when I get some free time…
    Really appreciate your modelling skills also…

10. James says:

Impressive!!

I Love the metal mat. and the fingerprints on it… Would love to see the reflection maps u used to achieve that!

11. SilveRR says:

oh, come on!
    you make me feel so bad… there´s so much I need to learn…
    Greetings from Argentina!